Wednesday, August 17, 2005

At Last

I took Honey out for a ride tonight. It was delightful to be able to stay on the bike even on steep hills. It wasn't easy, but I could do it. The bike seems very tall to me, and it will take time for me to feel comfortable getting on and off it, but once I'm there, I can fly!

I have the next two days off, and plan to do lots of cycling. There's a water pilates class tomorrow morning at the Aquatic Centre, so I'll try to cycle up there for 7:30am - weather and wakefulness permitting - then keep going to where I have to pick up my cab on workdays. I'd like to see how long it takes me on this new bike.

Coming home, I'll likely take Jinglepot Road, which is much more scenic than the highway. All this has to be done in time to come home, take a shower, and drive downtown by noon to meet an online acquaintance who is visiting from Chicago. I've recommended the little fish & chips place on the docks. They have a veggie burger, so I'll be able to stick to my usual fare.

If I survive tomorrow's efforts, I'll think of a new adventure for Friday - maybe Ladysmith and back?

No comments: