Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Time off

I've had the last few days off work - time for lots of training, one would think. However, it hasn't really worked out that way. Robin has had the time off also, so we've been doing things together. The World Cup finals are on, so we've been spending an inordinate amount of time glued to the tv. Robin has an unfortunate tendency to support the European teams. I like the New World teams, for the most part. The match that's coming up in a few minutes is England vs Sweden, so for once R and I will be cheering for the same side.

Yesterday we drove the motor home to Parksville, where we took a bike ride - but it wasn't all that long a ride. We had Lupa with us, but it seems I tired her out the day before, so she didn't feel like walking very far. That's to be expected, I suppose, as she's about my age.

Today we went to the Aquatic Centre. Robin went straight to the pool, but I took a few minutes to walk on the treadmill, then used the lat pulldown, shoulder press, leg press, and ab machines before I joined him. I did my stretching in the pool, which was wonderful. As I've mentioned somewhere else this morning, I actually feel as if my hip flexors are starting to flex, and that's just amazing. I'm feeling guilty about not doing full walks the last few days, but if what I'm doing loosens my hip joints, it can only help when I do walk 5-8 k at a time.

The receptionist at the Aquatic Centre informed me that there is a summer special on. If I buy a monthly membership for July, I'll get August for free. That works perfectly for me. Now I can relax and go to the gym/pool as often as I like.

No comments: