Thursday, June 15, 2006

Just for a Change

I didn't go to the gym yesterday. My shift was noon-8:00, so I took Lupa (Golden Retriever) for a walk in the morning. We went to the Parkway Trailway and walked for one hour and twenty minutes. The new shoes felt pretty good, apart from a little heat where the lump had been. I think I'm just settling the cushioning foam into place.

I don't think I made half the speed that I do on the treadmill, though. When race day comes, I'll need to find somebody fast and chase him/her for all I'm worth.

After work, I did a few pushups and worked my triceps. I met a runner the other day who said that running in the morning and strength training in the evening works well for her, so I'm going to try that approach.

This morning, R and I were going to go for a bike ride, but England is playing football, so I have a feeling I'm going to be on my own.

No comments: