Sunday, June 18, 2006

Return to Power

I've been without power to the computer for a few days, but all is well now - power cord here and connected. Meanwhile, I've not kept track of my activity - but I have been walking. We have Lupa here again, so she and I get out for a walk first thing in the morning, and tonight we took a second walk. Tomorrow we will take Lupa up to Parksville in the motor home and spend the day - or possibly stay overnight. That will allow for some beach walking, as well as a bike ride.

I do recall noting that when I started walking on pavement, I developed a pain in my left shin that didn't respond to stretching the shin. Oddly, I could relieve the pain by stretching my calf. Today, when I did post-walk stretches, I forgot about my quads, and when I started to walk later they protested. I really must develop a routine for stretching, so I don't forget something important.

My sister Pam will be coming up for a visit in August. I've rented a spot for the motorhome at my favourite RV park in Victoria, and I've warned Pam that she should start training, because she and I will be walking the 8k course while we have our visit. She's such a good sport, and a great walker. I look forward to seeing scenic James Bay with her.

Now that I'm reconnected, I'll try to keep up here - my memory being too short for three-day breaks.

No comments: