Thursday, June 08, 2006

Here I go.

I did it. I registered to walk the 8 km road race that is part of the Royal Victoria Marathon on October 8, 2006. That gives me 122 days to train, some 21 of which (in September) I'll be in England, winding and climbing and taking walks along the canal. Meanwhile, I'll have to start walking to the gym instead of riding my bike, and I know I have a pedometer somewhere. I've added a link to the marathon to my list. Do check it out. It's right over there. -->

I get a shirt - a purple one, I think.

Yesterday's workout was great. I biked to the gym, worked out for an hour, including a ten-minute stretch at the end, and biked home. I felt terrific. That and reading Charlie's report of his half-marathon were what inspired me to make the commitment.

Today, R and I went out for a bike ride before work, but he got a flat tire, so we really didn't get far. Tomorrow, he starts work at 7:30 in the morning and I don't start until 11:00, so I think I'll get up with him, take a walk to the gym, and work out before I go to work.

I am just so stoked. ;>) A winding, walking, wheeling dervish.

No comments: